Intermittent Fasting or IF is a popular weight loss method among young people. because it is easy to start controlling food By controlling calories and limiting the time you eat. There are many ways to practice. But the popular way is to limit the eating time to 8 hours and fasting for 16 hours. For example, we can eat from 6:00 AM to 2:00 PM, after 2:00 PM is the fasting period. Drink only water or coffee, tea without sugar. (Refrain from sweeteners instead of sugar. during fasting because it can stimulate hunger and sugar cravings)
But the IF method may cause many people to be sick until they have to cry to see a doctor. If not done correctly
Problems that can arise if the IF is not done correctly
- Too much starvation to the point of risk of malnutrition.
- eating too much Because I have to eat before the time of fasting.
- Choose a time to eat and refrain from eating at the wrong time May be at risk of intestinal disease
- Stay up late in the group of people who go to bed late are already at risk of obesity. due to the hormonal system that repairs the body And the satiety system in the body will cause people to sleep late and not be able to skip meals and have to eat sweet food. and lead to obesity
- do not exercise Because in losing weight, it’s not just about controlling calories. but also to create a more permanent metabolic system In this part, it is to build muscle to avoid yo-yo symptoms later.
- Still addicted to sweetness. If doing IF and still addicted to eating food or sweets, you may risk becoming addicted to sweetness. which when skipping meals will cause sugar cravings and may cause you to eat more sweets
- โปรโมชั่น ufabet
Benefits of IFs
Doing IF has many benefits for the body. outside of weight loss as follows
- Decreased free radicals in the body
- Decreased hidden inflammation in the body
- Anti-aging, getting younger as a result of free radicals and decreased inflammation in the body
- The body responds better to insulin. (If the body has insulin resistance, it may be at risk of diabetes.)
- Helps make some good genes more expressive. Especially substances that help promote brain function. Makes us smarter, better memory
- Reduce the risk of obesity, diabetes and heart disease.
How to do IF correctly
- Set the time to eat and abstain from meals According to the life clock, that is, if choosing a formula to eat for 8 hours, refrain from eating for 16 hours, should not choose a time to eat late at night. You should choose to eat 8 hours a day during normal life time, such as morning, afternoon, and evening.
- during the eating period should eat enough food But focus on clean food, high protein, low fat, vegetables and fruits. provide complete nutrition including carbohydrates that still need to be eaten Instead, choose complex carbohydrates such as brown rice and whole wheat bread instead of simple carbohydrates such as white rice and white bread.
- Do not reduce the amount of food so much that it becomes a starvation while eating. and during the intended period of abstaining from meals
- no meal time can also eat foods that do not provide energy Or very low energy, such as water or black coffee, but should not drink beverages with sweeteners instead of sugar.
- Proper exercise 30 minutes – 1 hour 3-5 times a week.